m beyond the arc this yem beyond the arc this ye | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
q123 Nov 11
SAPPORO, Japan -- Olympic champion Yuzuru Hanyu topped the 300-point mark to win the NHK Trophy on Saturday and qualify for the figure skating Grand Prix Final. Steven Wright Jersey .Hanyu landed three quadruple jumps to finish with 301.47 points, the highest score on the GP circuit this season.Hanyu, who was second behind Patrick Chan at Skate Canada last month, secured a berth at the Dec. 8-11 Grand Prix Final next month in Marseille, France.Im actually very relieved that I can advance to the Grand Prix Final, Hanyu said. I was able to land the (quad) loop cleanly for the first time in a competition.Nathan Chen of the United States finished second with 268.91 points and also advanced. Keiji Tanaka was third with 248.44.Russias Anna Pogorilaya won the womens singles, with Satoko Miyahara taking second place. Pogorilayas compatriot Maria Sotskova came in third.Pogorilaya retained her lead from the short program and clinched a spot in the final with a solid free skate. Her winning total was 210.86.The victory was the second on the GP tour this season for Pogorilaya. She also won the Cup of Russia in early November.I believe that overall I skated very well today, Pogorilaya said. I made some small mistakes. Im generally very happy.Pogorilaya did receive an edge call on her second jump, a triple flip, but still won in decisive fashion.The calls on edges have become much stricter since last year, Pogorilaya said. I have talked to my coach about this and we are focusing on it.Two-time world champions Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford of Canada won the pairs event.Duhamel and Radford, who were in second place after Fridays short program, finished with a combined total of 205.56 points to add to their win at Skate Canada.As with the short program, there were some strong elements and some unfortunate mistakes, Radford said. My body got tight and tired at the end of the program and I just had a slight problem with that last lift.Peng Cheng and Yang Jin of China were second with 196.87 points, and Wang Xuehan and Wang Lei, also of China, were third with 185.32.Peng and Yang also qualified for the GP Final with their second-placed finish.The other pairs to qualify for the final are: Aliona Savchenko and Bruno Massot of Germany; Xiaoyu Yu and Hao Zhang of China;Evgenia Tarasova and Vladimir Morozov of Russia; and Julianne Seguin and Charlie Bilodeau of Canada.The NHK Trophy is the sixth and final event in the International Skating Unions Grand Prix series. Darwinzon Hernandez Red Sox Jersey . -- Charline Labonte couldnt have asked for a better homecoming. Eduardo Nunez Red Sox Jersey . According to a report from the Vancouver Province, the Lions are expected to replace former DC Rich Stubler with defensive backs coach Mark Washington. https://www.cheapredsox.com/401z-dustin-pedroia-jersey-red-sox.html . Their 38th instalment is arguably their biggest fight card to date, including three-title fights and a main event which was selected by the fans.  The promotion boasts 14-straight years of business and is operated by MFC president Mark Pavelich, who is often overlooked in this country for the foundation hes established for MMA in Canada. STANFORD, Calif. -- Stanford returned to the basketball court Friday night after as many as eight of its players completed final exams in the morning.I didnt have the guts to play a high-level Division I team today, coach Jerod Haase said after his Cardinal beat Division II Cal State East Bay 79-55.Reid Travis powered his way to 24 points and 13 rebounds for his fifth double-double of the season and Stanford (7-3) made its first seven shots from the field to take charge from the start.Haase said scheduling a Division II opponent after a 13-day break for exams made sense for his team.Finals is a real thing here. The guys are exhausted, he said. We had guys show up for our (12:45 p.m.) shoot around after pulling all-nighters.After a tough finals week its good to have a game like this where we can just work on getting better, senior Grant Verhoeven said. There was a lot out there that wasnt pretty at our end of the court.Travis shot 9 for 10 from the field, playing just 22 minutes. Dorian Pickens added 11 points for Stanford, which shot a season-best 55 percent, including nearly 70 percent in the first half.Cal State East Bay played one night after beating Cal Poly Pomona 78-69 on the road in a Northern California Athletic Conference game. The Pioneers (8-2) counted the Stanford matchup as an exhibition.Whenever you have an opportunity to play a university like this, you have to do it, Pioneers coach Guy Argenal said. For our guys, its learniing how to play against the highest competition. Red Sox Jerseys China. Pierre Carter scored 14 points for Cal State East Bay, which shot 29.7 percent.BIG PICTUREStanford: Haase said the Cardinal had just five full practices during its 13 days off for exams. I didnt expect perfect play out there, he said. There were certainly some positives, but theres also a lot of room for growth. Stanford plays twice more before opening Pac-12 play at home against Arizona State on Dec. 30.Cal State East Bay: The Pioneers lost for the third time against a San Francisco Bay Area opponent in a game they designated as an exhibition. Previously, they fell 96-80 to San Jose State and 75-50 to Santa Clara.STAT OF THE NIGHTStanford won easily despite shooting 1 for 7 from the perimeter. The Cardinal scored 42 points in the paint, so perimeter shooting wasnt a priority. But Stanford is converting just 28.7 percent from beyond the arc this year. The 3-point shot has to be part of our offense, Haase said. We have to be more efficient than we have been.UP NEXTStanford: The Cardinal travels to face SMU (8-3) on Monday. The Mustangs already have faced one Pac-12 opponent, losing 78-73 to USC.Cal State East Bay: The Pioneers return to Division II competition Monday when they hosts Cal State Los Angeles in a California College Athletic Association game. ' ' '