McKissic was waived and WR B.J. Daniels was signed to the practice squad | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh Jun 25
BOSTON -- The protective plastic sheeting from Torontos end-of-season celebration was still covering the lights in the visitors clubhouse at Fenway Park on Saturday. Joel Embiid Jersey .No reason to take it down.They might need it again pretty soon.The Cleveland Indians arrived in Boston with a 2-0 lead in their best-of-five AL Division Series and a chance to eliminate the Red Sox in Game 3 on Sunday. If they do, it will also be the end for Boston designated hitter David Ortiz, who will retire at the end of the season and will do everything he can before then to make sure that doesnt come quite so soon.Everybody had it mapped out in their head in spring training what we wanted to do, knowing that David was not going to be here next year, said Red Sox starter Clay Buchholz, who will try to keep the season going. We reached the first goal, and that was to get in the playoffs and win the division. Second part of it has not worked out the first two games, but I dont think theres anybody on this team thats more confident than David Ortiz about us moving forward.And whenever he comes to bat, he would love to put himself in the most pressure-packed position, Buchholz said. Thats just what hes done over his career.After Cy Young candidate Rick Porcello and ace David Price failed to beat Cleveland in the first two games, Buchholz (8-10, 4.78 in 2016) will try to slow down an Indians offense that already has four homers in the series. He will face Cleveland right-hander Josh Tomlin (13-9, 4.40), a former teammate from Angelina Junior College.This is a pretty cool story, Buchholz said. We talked about it the other day. Hes one of my good buddies. ... Its a small world when it comes to that.Tomlin said the two pitchers get together in the offseason and have been back to the school in Lufkin, Texas, to work out with their coach. When their teams play, they sometimes hang out or go out to lunch.This year, theyve had more to talk about than just their school days: Each of them has struggled this season and was bounced from his teams rotation. After going 0-5 with an 11.48 ERA in August, Tomlin made his next appearance out of the bullpen and didnt start again until Sept. 14.The idea was to give him maybe a little of a break, Indians manager Terry Francona said. I think what he actually did was he dug in and tried to figure out, `OK, what makes me a good pitcher and why? And I think he probably got to it quicker than the rest of us.Buchholz spent more time going back and forth to the bullpen, with 21 starts and 16 relief appearances. But he returned to the rotation in September and went 3-0, allowing two runs or fewer in four of his last five starts.Hes had a resurgence of his own right inside the season, Red Sox manager John Farrell said. I dont think anyone can fully appreciate all that hes been through this year. (He) needed a little bit of a breather from the rotation, worked out some issues while going to the bullpen and has returned and is pitching some of the best baseball, I think, in his career.The Red Sox had a meeting on Saturday -- players and coaches -- after arriving at Fenway, and Buchholz said the team needed a reminder of what brought it so much success this season.Were here because of everybody and what theyve done throughout this year, he said. We have a potential couple of MVP candidates, potential Cy Young candidate on this team. Were a really good ballclub and theres no need to put added pressure or added stress on one game because of what could happen.Across the diamond, the Indians were loose -- thanks to their two-game lead.Francona arrived in the media interview room at the same time as Tomlin and promptly rearranged the schedule to let his pitcher go first. He then asked him, Are you getting a Texas-to-English translator?When Tomlin stuck around to watch his managers interview, Francona said something nice about the 31-year-old pitcher and then said, I think Im going to throw up.Even with the joking around, reliever Andrew Miller said the team knows it still has work to do.We cant take our foot off the gas, he said. Were not celebrating at this point.Game 4 would be Monday night at Fenway, if necessary, with Game 5 back in Cleveland on Wednesday.Until then, Tomlin and Buchholz wont be having any meals together.Yeah, Ill text him tonight, Tomlin said. Not tomorrow. But the next day after that? Yeah. Charles Barkley Jersey . - Oakland Raiders running back Rashad Jennings was speaking to a group of local high school students earlier this week when the conversation turned to the importance of being prepared when opportunities in life arise. Jerryd Bayless Jersey . Pedro scored from a pass by Lionel Messi in the 33rd minute and added two more goals in the 47th and 72nd after Valdes saved his second penalty in four days following his stop in Wednesdays 4-0 over Ajax in the Champions League. http://www.cheap76ersjerseys.com/ . The team said Saturday that Lopez was hurt during its 121-120 overtime loss at Philadelphia on Friday. The Nets said they would issue another update next week after consultation with their doctors. FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- The Atlanta Falcons can afford to be patient with Julio Jones return from a sprained toe.After all, theres no need to rush Jones recovery after Atlanta topped 40 points in two straight lopsided wins without the star wide receiver.These are heady times for the Falcons offense, which already has obliterated the teams single-season scoring record with two games remaining in the regular season. The Falcons play at Carolina on Saturday.Atlanta is the NFLs top-scoring team, and the race isnt even close. The Falcons (9-5) have 469 points, 63 more than the second-place Saints 406.Atlantas players arent saying much about the scoring record. Theyre focused on the more important race the for the NFC South title. Atlanta is one game ahead of Tampa Bay in the division.If we have to score three points or we have to score a lot of points, we just want to do our part in winning, right guard Chris Chester said Tuesday.Jones watched from the sideline as the Falcons beat San Francisco 41-13 on Sunday to shatter the mark of 442 points set by the 1998 Super Bowl team. He also missed the previous weeks 42-14 win at the Rams.The Falcons success has placed quarterback Matt Ryan in the MVP discussion. He has 32 touchdowns passes with only seven interceptions.For me, hes my MVP, running back Devonta Freeman said Tuesday.Ryan has consistently distributed his passes to a large number of targets. Depth at receiver helped keep the offense moving even without Jones.Aldrick Robinson led the team with a personal-best 111 yards receiving on four catches against the 49ers. Demetrius Jackson Jersey. Taylor Gabriel added three catches for 60 yards, including his team-leading sixth touchdown reception.It shows the depth that we have by having each others back, said receiver Justin Hardy. If one guy goes down, another guy steps in and we dont miss a beat. It says a lot about the team and the character we have.The Falcons also have good depth at running back with Freeman, who ran for three touchdowns against the 49ers, and Tevin Coleman sharing the carries.I think definitely this year it has been fun to see so many people step up and make big plays and thats been a really exciting part of our offense, said center Alex Mack. Its not just one guy having a great season. Its a lot of guys doing a lot of good things all over the field a lot of times.Jones ran routes at the start of practice on Tuesday and is expected to give the toe a full-speed test on Wednesday.Game notes The team signed S Dashon Goldson for the second time this season. Goldson, 32, was a 2012 All-Pro with the 49ers who had 110 tackles in 15 starts with the Redskins in 2015. Goldson recorded only one special teams tackle in seven games with Atlanta at the start of the season. ... On Monday, WR J.D. McKissic was waived and WR B.J. Daniels was signed to the practice squad.---For more NFL coverage: AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL ;Wholeslae Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL JerseysCheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap Baseball Jerseys ' ' '