h Tony Pulis on Soccer Saturday from 12noon on Sky Sports News HQ. Also | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990 Oct 19 '17
Remember that time when Kevin Pietersen danced down the pitch to Shane Warne and was stumped, and the umpire asked Ricky Ponting to withdraw the appeal? Of course you dont, because it didnt happen, and the very idea of it happening is absurd. Xavier Woods Jersey. Why, then, do umpires continue to pressure fielding captains to reconsider appeals for the so-called Mankad dismissal, the act of a bowler running out a non-striker who is backing up?How are the situations any different, really? In both cases the batsman is attempting to gain advantage, in one by reaching the pitch of the ball and negating spin, in the other by reducing the distance he must cover to complete a run. A wicketkeeper who stumps a batsman is lauded for his sharp work, yet an eagle-eyed bowler who mankads is usually condemned as unsporting.In 2011, the ICC made it easier for bowlers to effect such a dismissal. Previously the bowler had to take the bails off before entering his delivery stride. This is still the case under the MCCs Laws of Cricket, but the ICC adapted its playing conditions to allow the act before releasing the ball and provided he has not completed his usual delivery swing. It was a clear and deliberate move to keep batsmen accountable.But umpires have undermined the regulation by victimising bowlers who are only trying to stop batsmen sneaking an advantage. Consider these two recent examples.Last February in an ODI at the SCG, Lahiru Thirimanne continually left his crease far too early. R Ashwin warned Thirimanne and when the batsman kept doing it, Ashwin ran him out. Instead of raising his finger, the umpire, Paul Reiffel, consulted his square-leg colleague and asked Indias captain, Virender Sehwag, if he wanted to go through with the appeal.In doing so, Reiffel implicitly suggested Ashwins act of removing the bail was underhanded. It told the crowd India were borderline cheats, made Thirimanne think his behaviour was okay, and placed undue pressure on Sehwag, who ended up withdrawing a legitimate appeal. Thirimanne batted on, continued to back up unfairly, scored 62 and set up a Sri Lankan victory.Later in 2012, Surreys Murali Kartik mankaded Somersets Alex Barrow during a County Championship match. Like Ashwin, Kartik had warned the batsman, though he wasnt compelled to do so. Still, the umpire, Peter Hartley, wasnt happy. He asked the fielding captain, Gareth Batty, three times if he would withdraw the appeal. Rightly, Batty refused, and later Surrey were booed off the field.Reiffel and Hartley should simply have raised a finger, as they would for any other run-out, but instead they added to the ill-feeling by suggesting the bowler was in the wrong. The ICCs playing condition 42.11 explicitly states that a mankad is fair. An additional clause should be added to state that an umpire must not consult the fielding captain before making his decision, unless the conversation is instigated by the captain.Certainly a mankad is no less fair than when a strikers straight drive rockets through the bowlers hands and hits the stumps with the non-striker out of his ground. Of course, umpires rightly treat that as they do a regulation run-out. Just as they should with the mankad. Ryan Switzer Jersey. They hope to persuade the other team owners and commissioner Roger Goodell to put pressure on Redskins owner Daniel Snyder to drop the nickname they find offensive. "Given the way the meeting transpired," Ray Halbritter, an Oneida representative and leader of the "Change the Mascot Campaign," said Wednesday, "it became somewhat evident they were defending the continued use of the name. Jourdan Lewis Jersey.  Breaking three of his own world records on his way to winning in Paris, Chan silenced the critics and left the audiences standing in appreciation and awe. http://www.cowboysproshopauthentic.com/...on-Authentic-Jersey/. - Chris Tierney snapped a tie with a power-play goal late in the third period as the London Knights rallied from a 3-0 deficit to beat the Erie Otters 5-3 in Ontario Hockey League action on Wednesday.Tony Pulis still cherishes great memories from his time at Crystal Palace and admits he would have liked the opportunity to stay at the club. Pulis left Palace by mutual consent in August 2014 after nine months in charge, having guided the club to 11th in the Premier League.When he replaced previous manager Ian Holloway, Palace had won one of their opening 11 league games, and Pulis was named manager of the season for his efforts. Now in charge at West Brom, he faces his former club at The Hawthorns on Saturday Night Football, and admits he still holds fond memories of his time in south London. Tony Pulis was named manager of the season for his work at Crystal Palace Palace in the short term was as good as anything you could achieve really, he told Soccer Saturday. It would have been nice to have stayed and taken it on a bit further, because it would have suited me, but it wasnt to be.I have great memories there and it is a great football club. The 3-3 draw against Liverpool was a wonderful night, and I enjoyed a lot of times there. The supporters were wonderful.The amount of times I bump into Palace fans now when Im in London, they seem to be everywhere, and theyre great with me and its nice to leave clubs on good terms.I get on well with Alan Pardew, and it will be a tough game on Saturday because I know the players well. West Brom recorded their first Premier League victory since early January with a 1-0 win over Everton in their last league outing.Salomon Rondons early strike at Goodison Park ended a five-match winless run, with Albion now four places above the relegation zone, and Pulis admits they still need another three wins to ensure survival.Were desperate to get another eight or nine points and that will keep us in the league, he added. The remit from the chairman for the first and second year was to stay in the league because of the financial implications. We have 12 cup finals now. James Morrison, Ben Foster and Jonny Evans have also missed significant periods of time through injury Weve had injuries to James Morrison and Jonny Evans this season, who are big players for us. Taco Charlton Cowboys Jersey. They are very good footballers and they make us play. They can be the difference.But weve been unfortunate with lots of stuff this year. Weve missed Saido Berahino for half the season. You look at Tottenham, if you took Harry Kane out and you took Jamie Vardy from Leicester, its the same with Saido for us.He was one of the main reasons this club stayed in the Premier League last season because his goals really put the club where it is today. To be without that talent for half a season has been a really big miss. Tony Pulis says Saido Berahino has been a big miss for West Brom this season You can add Ben Foster to that, a goalkeeper who was second choice for England, and thats two very important positions for us. But you get on with your job and do it to get the results you need.After their FA Cup defeat to Reading, Pulis appeared to offer no assurances that he plans to stay beyond the summer, but the manager insists the story was blown out of proportion. I made a comment about sitting down with the chairman at the end of the season, as I do every season, and obviously theyve taken it as something that its not, he continued. I understand, theres a story in it and it fills a piece on the back pages.But the chairman has been fantastic. At the beginning of the season there was doubt about the sale of the club, and he was close to selling, but it never happened. He kept in contact with me and we speak every week.Hes been exceptionally honest about what he wants to do with the football club, and thats all I ask for.Watch the full interview with Tony Pulis on Soccer Saturday from 12noon on Sky Sports News HQ. Also See: Arrest made over Brunt incident Title rivals live on Sky Sports Pulis: We must move on Mersons predictions Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys ChinaCheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys AuthenticWholesale Jerseys ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys ChinaNFL Cheap Jerseys' ' '