mark." Gasquet, for his part, agreed the call Monday was quite close and said he wa | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990 Mar 15
ST. Air Jordan 3 Outlet. LOUIS -- Two of the players who played key roles in leading the St. Louis Blues to the Western Conference final last year will be back in town Tuesday night with the Calgary Flames.Right winger Troy Brouwer, who was second on the team with eight goals in the playoffs last year, signed with the Flames as a free agent over the summer. Goalie Brian Elliott was traded to the Flames during the NHL draft.Brouwer will definitely be in the lineup for the Flames, but Elliotts status is not as clear cut. He had to go seven rounds deep into a shootout Monday night to help the Flames earn only their second win of the season, 3-2 over the Blackhawks in Chicago -- his first victory with his new team.Elliott did not play when the two teams met last Saturday in Chicago, as Chad Johnson started in goal. After Tuesday night, the Flames will not play again in St. Louis until March 25.The shootout win came after the Flames were only 1-4-1 to start the season, allowing a league-high 27 goals.Elliott made several key saves in the third period and overtime, and then stopped all seven attempts by the Blackhawks in the shootout.The Flames two goals in regulation both came on the power play after they had scored on only one of 25 power-play attempts in their first six games.We need to have confidence in ourselves, Brouwer told the Calgary Sun. Its been a little bit of a rocky start and its obviously not where we want to be and were playing some tough teams, but we need to have confidence in ourselves, knowing that were a real good hockey team.The Blues have not played since their 6-4 win Saturday night in Calgary, which featured the third career hat trick for left winger David Perron. He was part of a new line combination that included Jaden Schwartz at center and Vladimir Tarasenko on right wing.An injury to center Jori Lehtera and the return of Schwartz from an elbow injury prompted the Blues to juggle their top forward lines, and they elected to move Schwartz to center so Alexander Steen could stay on right wing, with Robby Fabbri on left wing and Paul Stastny at center.That line (Perron, Schwartz and Tarasenko) obviously had some great chemistry for the first time, said Blues coach Ken Hitchcock. Jaden hasnt played center ice for a little while. Thats the first time that line was together and they showed great chemistry great cohesion on the ice. It was great to see.Lehtera, on injured reserve, skated on his own on Monday and the Blues said his status would be re-evaluated on Tuesday. He missed all three games in western Canada last week because of an upper-body injury.Left winger Dmitrij Jaskin did not practice Monday because of a lower-body injury, but Hitchcock said he still is a possibility to play on Tuesday night.Carter Hutton will get the start in goal for the Blues. He earned a 3-2 win over the New York Rangers in his only start this season, on Oct. 15, stopping 33 of 35 shots, including all 15 in the third period when the Rangers out-shot the Blues 15-0.The Blues have opened the season with a 4-1-1 record, and their special team units have played a major role in that quick start. They have six power-play goals in their first six games, and their penalty-kill unit has allowed only one goal in 20 opportunities. They enter the game against the Flames having killed off their opponents last 19 consecutive chances.I dont want to talk about it, Hitchcock said Monday. Im not talking about it. Air Jordan 3 Wholesale. Thats about all he can do right now, so hes trying not to think about when he might be able to play again for the Los Angeles Lakers. Air Jordan 3 Discount.Y. -- Vancouver Canucks goaltender Roberto Luongo had little trouble picking up his first shutout of the season against a Buffalo Sabres team thats having trouble scoring goals. http://www.cheapairjordan3.net/. Clarke was injured while practicing on the Doha Golf Club range after the pro-am on Tuesday. The Northern Irishman arrived at the course on Wednesday hoping to start, but after hitting a few balls on the practice putting green Clarke advised officials he was not fit to play. PARIS -- Picture this: Angered by a line call, a tennis player pulls out his phone and uses it to snap a photo of the mark left in the clay by the ball. Maybe the sort of thing that would happen at a public court, if two pals got into a tiff during a match and one wanted evidence for later -- except in this case, it was a professional who did it at the French Open. Sergiy Stakhovsky of Ukraine set down his racket and briefly became an amateur photographer in his 6-1, 6-4, 6-3 loss to seventh-seeded Richard Gasquet of France in the first round of the Grand Slam tournament Monday. Stakhovsky plans to show the picture to the tournament supervisor in hopes of avoiding losing some of his prize money. "Im now expecting a fine, actually, so Im going to go and fight," Stakhovsky said. "I believe it was a bad call, it was a bad judgment. After all, we are playing on clay, where you should be clearly able to read the mark," he added, "and unfortunately, not all of our referees are able to do so." During the first set on Court Suzanne Lenglen, the 101st-ranked Stakhovsky hit a shot that landed right along a line. The ball was ruled out, but Stakhovsky was sure it was in. He argued with the chair umpire, Carlos Ramos, who wouldnt change the decision. So Stakhovsky decided to gather proof for his case, getting his phone and walking over to where the spot in question was, then leaning over to get a close-up of the red clay. "It was just spontaneous. Its never thougght through," he said. Cheap Nike Air Jordan 3. . "When you see it, you get frustrated, because you saw the ball is nowhere being out and the frustrations comes in." Asked by a reporter to show the photo, Stakhovsky obliged, grabbing his phone from a pocket. "Everybody wants to see it," he said with a chuckle. Stakhovsky said it wasnt even the first time hed done this: He pulled a similar stunt during the clay-court tournament at Munich last month. "Munich was a very close call which could go both ways, so I didnt really bother going to the supervisor and asking. But this one is in a Grand Slam, so first of all, the fine is actually there, possibly, (and) I dont want to get it. So Ill try to explain myself. I dont know if its going to work." At a clay event in Rome this month, another pro, Viktor Troicki of Serbia, ushered a TV cameraman out onto the court to get video evidence of a ball mark he was sure showed a call was incorrect. "I saw that," Stakhovsky said, then offered a critique of the camerawork on that occasion, saying the angle was all wrong: "They came from the side, so you couldnt see the mark." Gasquet, for his part, agreed the call Monday was quite close and said he wasnt bothered a bit by Stakhovskys antics. "Its funny. Its not a problem," Gasquet said. "Hes a funny guy. I think hes one of the funniest guys in the draw. For sure, its not usual to see that, but I can understand hes frustrated." ' ' '