P NEXTTennessee: The Volunteers host Tennessee Tech on Tuesday night.UNC: | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990 Mar 15
Even though the Big 12 announced that its decision not to expand was unanimous, sources told ESPN on Tuesday there were schools that ultimately agreed to go along with the plan when it became obvious the conference would not reach the supermajority needed to expand. Cheap Predators Jerseys.In a 714-word league memo covering the leagues talking points, obtained by ESPN, the first two items instructed officials to Indicate the Board arrived at a Unanimous Consensus and say the Board was unanimous in its desire and commitment to stay at 10 members.The internal Big 12 memo also suggested conference officials not indicate that TV influenced [its] decision and that the Big 12 was not psychologically disadvantaged because it didnt expand.Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby and Oklahoma president David Boren announced Monday night that the conference was no longer considering expansion. The Big 12 required approval from eight of its 10 schools if it wanted to expand, although no such votes were taken, Bowlsby said.The Big 12 initially considered 19 schools and that list was trimmed to 11 -- Air Force, BYU, UCF, Cincinnati, Colorado State, UConn, Houston, Rice, South Florida, SMU and Tulane -- all of which conducted in-person meetings with conference officials in Dallas last month.Despite a number of schools favoring expansion, Bowlsby and Boren said the decision not to expand was unanimous.When presidents get in a room and read the tea leaves that its going the way its going, they go with it, a source told ESPN. Even if there were 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 [schools in favor of expansion], those presidents are very skilled in seeing the inevitability of the outcome and aligning on the right side of history. Its pretty easy to get comfortable with that position and stick to it.The memo issued by the Big 12 instructed league officials not to repeat what Boren said last year, when he told the OU Daily that I believe that we [the Big 12] are psychologically disadvantaged because we are a smaller conference.The conference also provided a number of message points, which recommended not discussing individual schools and quashing any conversation that the Big 12 is dysfunctional. Other message points touted the strength of the conference -- it won three NCAA titles and had six runner-up finishes last year in all sports -- and that the leagues revenue is at an all-time high and projected to reach $40 million per school.The memo issued by the Big 12 indicated to league members several dos and donts when discussing the decision on not to expand.Do:? Indicate the Board arrived at a Unanimous Consensus.? [Say] the Board was unanimous in its desire and commitment to stay at 10 members.? Refer to the conference as equal to our peer group.? Revenue alone does not win championships.? We are not going to publicly discuss consideration details.? We were exhaustive in our research.? We have the most competitive competition model in college sports.? Refer to 2024-25 as an opportunity to explore the media landscape and how to use new technologies to deliver content to our fans.? The sunset of our Grant of Rights agreements allows the Conference to be in an active marketplace.? Expansion is no longer an active agenda item.Dont:? Say we are at a competitive disadvantage.? Say revenue determines strength.? Say expansion is dilutive.? Say candidates were not deemed Power 5 worthy.? Refer to any specific expansion candidate/school by name.? Indicate that TV influenced decision.? [Say] we are psychologically disadvantaged.? Discuss 2024-25 as a grant of rights issues. Cheap Nashville Predators Jerseys. The head of USA Boxing came out swinging Tuesday with an open letter to Tyson -- a former Olympic hopeful himself -- that accuses the former heavyweight champion of trying to poach fighters who might be candidates for the U. Wholesale Predators Jerseys. But when it comes to determining if Raymond will find a place on the Leafs roster when training camp concludes in a week, well, that decision will ultimately fall to the head coach. http://www.adidaspredatorsjerseys.com/. Brandon Morrow allowed five runs on six hits over three innings. He struck out two, walked one and hit a batter. Edwin Encarnacion had a two-out, bases loaded two-RBI double in the third inning. CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- Nate Britt hasnt been able to make up for the offense and shooting touch lost with North Carolinas starting point guard sidelined by an ankle injury.Still, the senior was good enough in the final minutes of a tight game to help the No. 7 Tar Heels complete a big comeback -- with some help from a couple of freshmen.Rookie big man Tony Bradley Jr. blocked a shot in the final seconds to help the Tar Heels rally from 15 down to beat Tennessee 73-71 on Sunday, a performance that Hall of Fame coach Roy Williams described as a struggle.With Joel Berry II missing his second straight game due to a sprained left ankle suffered last weekend, Britt finished with 11 points and shot just 4 of 14, but he also had seven assists and a career-high five steals.I talked to (assistant coach Hubert) Davis after practice yesterday and he was telling me: The shots will come ... but youve got to lose yourself in the game, Britt said. You can do so much more than just knock down shots.Britt has started with Berry out, but went 0 for 8 against Davidson. Justin Jackson scored 27 points and hit seven 3-pointers to carry the offense that night, but he shot just 3 of 15 Sunday -- though he had the go-ahead driving score with 2:14 left.While Kenny Williams III led UNC with 12 points, Bradley finished with 10 points and 10 rebounds while fellow freshman Brandon Robinson tipped in a missed drive by Britt with 52.4 seconds left for a three-point lead.Roy Williams was irked by his teams play in the Davidson win. He wasnt much happier Sunday.I approach it like we stunk it up, and we made a couple of plays at the end, he said.Robert Hubbs III had 21 points to lead the Volunteers (4-4), who led 30-15 early and shot 65 percent in the first half before finishing at 52 percent. But UNC had 22 offensive boards and scored 25 second-chance points to offset its 40-percent shooting.We told our team at halftime: if were going to win the game, were going to have to do it by rebounding the ball, Tennessee coach Rick Barnes saiid. Cheap Adidas Predators Jerseys. We didnt do it. Carolina just played volleyball with it.BIG PICTURETennessee: The Volunteers repeatedly came up big shots to answer UNCs pushes in the second half. But rebounding and the 3-for-13 shooting from 3-point range was too much to overcome.Like I told them, its easy to go in the locker room and say, `We did this, we did that, but the fact is we came to win and we didnt, Barnes said. I dont want them to feel good about being close in games. Weve got to figure out a way to get over the hump.UNC: The Tar Heels badly miss Berrys floor leadership, scoring ability and toughness to finish through contact. That was especially glaring with Jackson struggling and the front line of Kennedy Meeks and Isaiah Hicks combining for 15 points and nine boards.While Roy Williams wouldnt focus on Berrys absence, Britt was asked about his takeaway from the past two games of playing without Berry.You could see how much we need him, Britt said.BRADLEYS BLOCKTennessee had a last chance to tie as Lamonte Turner drove toward the basket. The 6-foot-10 Bradley blocked the shot and grabbed the loose ball in what amounted to the Volunteers last real shot.The point guard was dribbling toward me kind of fast so I knew just to try to help, Bradley said. I put my hand up and the ball hit my hand, and I got the rebound. It happened so fast.POLL IMPLICATIONSThe Tar Heels didnt look particularly sharp in two wins this week. Could that cost them some votes in the new AP Top 25 released Monday?UP NEXTTennessee: The Volunteers host Tennessee Tech on Tuesday night.UNC: The Tar Heels play their second straight against a Southeastern Conference opponent in a marquee matchup against No. 6 Kentucky on Saturday in Las Vegas.---Follow Aaron Beard on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/aaronbeardap---More AP college basketball at http://collegebasketball.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-Top25 ' ' '