sure, he added. I didnt totally stink up the joint but wish I | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LAM Apr 21 '18
Arkansas linebacker Brooks Ellis has been named one of 12 finalists for the prestigious William V. Jeff Bagwell Jersey . Campbell Trophy, presented annually by The National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame to the best football scholar-athlete in the nation.Each of the 12 finalists will each receive an $18,000 postgraduate scholarship as a member of the NFF National Scholar-Athlete Class, presented by Fidelity Investments. The finalists will travel to New York City for the 59th NFF Annual Awards Dinner on Dec. 6, where their accomplishments will be highlighted in front of one of the most powerful audiences in all of sports. At the event, one member of the class will be declared the winner of the 27th William V. Campbell Trophy, nicknamed the Academic Heisman, and have his postgraduate scholarship increased to $25,000.Ellis, a pre-professional Exercise Science major with a 3.82 grade point average, was one of 12 finalists selected from a nationwide pool of 156 semifinalists from among all NCAA divisions and the NAIA.The SEC has had eight student-athletes win the William V. Campbell Trophy. Since the inaugural award in 1990, the SEC has had more recipients than any other conference. In 2012, Alabamas Barrett Jones was the SECs eighth recipient of the trophy. In 2009, Floridas Tim Tebow won the honor. LSUs Rudy Niswanger won the honor in 2005, Tennessees Michael Munoz claimed the award in 2004, Matt Stinchcomb of Georgia in 1998, Tennessees Peyton Manning in 1997, Floridas Danny Wuerffel in 1996 and Brad Culpepper of Florida in 1991 was the leagues first recipient.The undisputed leader of Arkansas defense, Ellis is a two-year team captain and is the Razorbacks fourth NFF National Scholar-Athlete.A 2015 Second Team Academic All-American and First Team Academic All-District selection, Ellis is majoring in pre-professional exercise science with a minor in biology. The three-time SEC Academic Honor Roll member and Fayetteville, Ark., native plans to attend medical school. Ellis also traveled to Belize with the biology department to study the culture.A three-year player, Ellis led the Razorbacks to consecutive bowl wins in the 2014 Texas Bowl and 2015 Liberty Bowl. He led the team and ranked ninth in the SEC with 102 tackles as a junior, and he finished second on the team with eight tackles for loss. Ellis currently sits atop the team with 57 tackles this season, placing him seventh in the SEC. For his career, he boasts 264 tackles, 19.5 tackles for loss, 2.5 sacks, 12 pass breakups and four interceptions, returning one for a touchdown against TCU earlier this year.Off the field, Ellis has visited the Houston Childrens Shelter, the Wrightsville Unit of the Arkansas Department of Corrections, Leverett Elementary School and Lifestyles group for people with disabilities. He gave a six-year-old boy a tour of Arkansas football facilities for Washington Regional Hospice, and he participated in Book Hogs Read to Win and Book Hogs Pizza Party with local elementary school students. He volunteered with Mayflower Tornado Relief, and he assisted Razorback coach Bret Bielema at the Susan G. Komen Ozark Affiliate Football 101 benefit. A member of Phi Delta Theta fraternity, he participated in the Be with Becca fundraiser; the Boys & Girls Club food giveaway; and on-campus trash pickup. Gerrit Cole Jersey . - Derek Wolfe says hes finally healthy after suffering a seizure in November that doctors now believe was related to the spinal cord injury he suffered in the preseason. Jose Altuve Jersey . -- The Portland Timbers and Real Salt Lake played to a 0-0 tie Saturday night that left the top of the Western Conference standings unchanged. http://www.cheapastrosjerseyschina.com/brad-peacock-jersey/ . Mats Zuccarello and Derek Stepan scored shootout goals, and backup goalie Cam Talbot earned his second win in two nights as the Rangers shook off a late tying tally and beat the Maple Leafs 2-1 Monday night.Tom Watson described his final round at the Masters as special and a pleasure. The two-time champion shot 78 to finish on eight over for the tournament in his 43rd appearance at Augusta.After completing his final hole at a major championship, Watson paid tribute to the Augusta crowd and spoke of what the Masters had meant to him over the years.The fans, the patrons were very, very generous with their applause and hats off to Tom all the way around the golf course today. It was a pleasure, he told Sky Sports.The other thing was that I had my friends and my family there and I could share it with them. My younger brother flew in from New York as a surprise so that was special.To finish at Augusta with my friends and family watching, thats the way to go out, it truly is. Watson signs off from the Masters after 43 appearances in the tournament Watson expressed his disappointment at not having made the cut but admitted he would be pleased not to have to play the 18th hole again next year. Astros Jerseys From China. Today, my 43rd time playing, it was a pleasure, he added. I didnt totally stink up the joint but wish I couldve made the cut and continued on over the week. But it wasnt a bad way to go out.Its always been the rites of spring, when played the tour and fortunately won the tournament, it was always preparation, start preparing for the tournament six weeks in advance and it was always so exciting and to look forward to and prepare and then play it.When Im sat in my easy chair back here next year, Ill say man Im glad I dont have to play the 18th hole anymore! Also See: McIlroy: Best position in years Willett: Its brutal out there Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys 2018 NFL Jerseys China China Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online ' ' '